On the move : a life / Oliver Sacks1 available
St Charles Second Floor
RC 339.52 .S23 A3 2015
- New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2015.
- 397 pages, 32 un-numbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 22 cm
- "This is a Borzoi book."
- Includes index.
- Physician and writer Oliver Sacks recounts his experiences as a young neurologist; his physical passions--weight lifting and swimming; his love affairs, both romantic and intellectual; his guilt over leaving his family to come to America; his bond with his schizophrenic brother; and the writers and scientists--Thom Gunn, A. R. Luria, W. H. Auden, Gerald M. Edelman, Francis Crick--who influenced him.
- LC SUBJECT
- Sacks, Oliver, 1933-2015
- Neurologists -- England -- Biography.
- Neurologists -- United States -- Biography.
- On the move -- Leaving the nest -- San Francisco -- Muscle beach -- Out of reach -- Awakenings -- The bull on the mountain -- A matter of identity -- City island -- Voyages -- A new vision of the mind -- Home.
- 9780385352543 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0385352549 (hardcover : alk. paper)